ch-scene - Jennyanykind/Moaners 7" release show and other "gnus" you can use

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mark Holland <mark.applesauce.holland AT gmail.com>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Subject: Jennyanykind/Moaners 7" release show and other "gnus" you can use
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:08:15 -0400

Greetings All!!!!!!

Hope everyone is well. Just a few updates about
*Jennyanykind<http://www.myspace.com/jennyanykindband>
*:

1. Our 7 inch release show with the
*Moaners<http://www.myspace.com/themoaners>
* and a yet to be announced opener (Phil Cook has been mentioned) is all set
for Saturday, *June 18* at the *Cat's
Cradle<http://www.catscradle.com/schedule.html>
* in Carrboro, NC. Admission is *FREE* so come and enjoy the show and buy an
old skool vinyl 45 (yes, we will have plastic inserts for the records
available).

2. If you are in the Anderson, SC area, and you know us or Craig Kinley from
the old high school daze, look for Jennyanykind and the Moaners to join
Craig at his lake house for a show and party. Craig was our largest donor
and we are looking forward to paying him back with some rock n roll. This is
looking like a June happening as well and we are almost set on a date.

3. Two articles came out recently about our *Kickstarter* project. It talks
a lot about our history and our time on a major label and how we were led to
Kickstarter (using it was actually Laura King's idea).

a.
http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/crowdfunding-could-change-the-way-music-gets-made/Content?oid=2100653&storyPage=1<http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LmluZHl3ZWVrLmNvbS9neXJvYmFzZS9jcm93ZGZ1bmRpbmctY291bGQtY2hhbmdlLXRoZS13YXktbXVzaWMtZ2V0cy1tYWRlL0NvbnRlbnQ/b2lkPTIxMDA2NTMmc3RvcnlQYWdlPTE=>

b.
http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/03/13/1045937/a-kick-start-was-all-it-needed.html<http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3Lm5ld3NvYnNlcnZlci5jb20vMjAxMS8wMy8xMy8xMDQ1OTM3L2Eta2ljay1zdGFydC13YXMtYWxsLWl0LW5lZWRlZC5odG1s>

4. The 45 record has been picked-up by the Chapel Hill based record
label *Holidays
for Quince <http://www.holidaysforquince.com/>*.This is a fantastic label
and we are very glad to be working with Jenks and Heather, as well as Glenn
and Tor at *Redeye Distribution <http://www.redeyeusa.com/>*.

5. Mike and I have been working with the producers of an upcoming movie
about the birth of shag. *Ocean Drive - the
Movie<http://www.facebook.com/Ocean.Drive.Movie>
* is in pre-production and we have been submitting original '50's style R&B
tunes for it. Jennyanykind has actually had a song in a movie before. Desert
Saints, starring Kiefer Sutherland, has the track "Why You Wanna Treat Me
Like That" in it. Our credit is here: *
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167116/soundtrack*<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167116/soundtrack>
.

6. Lastly, a big shout-out to Tom Royal, Jennyanykind bassist, and his
family (wife Christi, son Hank, Grandma, Grandpa, etc) for the birth of
their new baby boy, Chas! Word is he is already displaying front man
tendencies including crying to get what he wants and wearing filthy
undergarments.

All the best,

Mark H.

  • Jennyanykind/Moaners 7" release show and other "gnus" you can use, Mark Holland, 03/23/2011