ch-scene - Oct puppet events calendar

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Oct puppet events calendar
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 12:26:38 -0400

Hello friends,

many Thanks to everyone who helped make our 11th annual puppet production,
"islands unknown", a huge success!
Between the Forest theatre and ncma the show was seen by nearly 14,000
people.... Wow!

We are deeply humbled and moved by the incredible response we are getting to
the work we do. We will continue to search, create, sweat, strive, explore,
and hopefully inspire for as long as we can. If you have the means, please
consider becoming a benefactor for our endarvors so that we can spend more
time and energy making the shows that have become a tradition for so many in
the triangle.

We hope to see you and be seen at any or all of The following events on our
October calendar.

Sat Oct 9th- we'll be at Shakori hills grassroots festival at 1:00pm doing a
show in the cabaret tent. followed by a parade that you can join in and help
celebrate fall and the earth and its' creatures.

Sat oct 16th- The Hillsborough handmade parade will take the streets of
downtown hilssborough with a feast of colorful creations and homemade
amazingness. This a spectacular family event taht nudges fols just a bit to
join in a nd make something of their own to participate with. If you don't
get something done, no worries, we'll have plenty of stuff for folks to
carry. start time 2:30 pm.
http://www.hillsboroughartscouncil.org/handmade_parade.html

Sun oct 24th- we'll be up in roanoke va. performing "Masks, music, and
movement" and doing a parade at the jefferson center www.jeffcenter.org

Sat oct 30th- Jimmy magoo and the good life will perform family fun music for
the kid in everyone at Southern village. Start ing at 1:00pm.

Sun oct 31- come out to the bynum walking bridge and experience pumpkins on
the bridge. This is an amazing line up of fabulous carved pumpins from local
folks. wear a costume and stroll the bridge.
Come up with an act or small performance. who knows what might happen? In honor of the
2 year anniversary of the passing of Kevin brock a few of us will be revisiting
"lumanity" which was the brain child on Kevins.

Don't forget and help spread the word if you can, We are rebooting "Love &
robots" Thanksgiving weekend at burning Coal theatre in raleigh, and the 2 weekends
following at our studio/theatre in Saxapahaw. Details for that coming soon.

Thanks for your time and consideration,
Paperhand

  • Oct puppet events calendar, Paperhand Puppet, 10/04/2010