ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of September 30, 2010

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Matt <matt.kalb AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of September 30, 2010
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:56:09 -0700 (PDT)

>Thursday, September 30
Le Weekend (http://www.myspace.com/leweekendleband)
Wembley (http://www.myspace.com/wembleystadium)
Jeremy Blair from Effingham
The Pinhook, Durham

Le Weekend write & occasionally perform oddly slippery little popsongs
that seem like they must make perfect sense to bandleader Matt Kalb,
which is why I'm always a little mystified that they don't make
perfect
sense to me. It's kind of like waking up & discovering that you no
longer understand English, for about 15 minutes.

p.s. I love Wembley<

Thanks Ross, I think! Now I'm tempted to write my comment in what
seems like but isn't in fact English, but I guess that's a bad idea.

I just wanted to point out this listing implies the reverse of the
order. Jeremy Blair from Effingham is the headliner. The way I've
been told it will all go, and this per communication from the Pinhook
and ultra-secret power struggles amongst the bands: Le Weekend at 9pm,
Wembley at 10pm, and Jeremy Blair from Effingham at 11pm. Sorry for
any confusion.

Matt