ch-scene - SPERMCOUNT + ELECTRIC CACTUS + LOS NATURALES + GNAWSTICKS tonight @African Queen

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Thalia Considine <thalia.considine AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: SPERMCOUNT + ELECTRIC CACTUS + LOS NATURALES + GNAWSTICKS tonight @African Queen
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:19:13 -0400

This is our second show of the new school year (Detroit's Lord Scrummage +
locals played us into the ground on Friday) and our first school night show
since last semester! We've got a mostly-student house, so it's going to be
an experiment in efficiency: the name of the game is having a real good time
and getting everything quiet by 11 PM. (If we don't, we might not have
weeknight shows in the future, which would limit our ability to host touring
bands / have fun all the time.) This means we are starting at 8, on the
nose, whether or not anybody is there to look, taste and listen. I know we
all like to show up late so we're don't have to feel awkward, stand around
and talk to people, see daylight or be sober, but we're all going to have to
put those problems behind us and get out early for some kickass local
music.

SPERMCOUNT - Local favorites play the Queen for the first time. I'd tell you
to check out their myspace if I could find it hiding behind all the
advertisements for supplements. Youtube preview of the carnage that may
ensue here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHybmm5bu3c
also this http://spermcountspermcount.angelfire.com/

ELECTRIC CACTUS - Julion of Phantascist fame is back from the cold cold
north and ready to tear it up. Last time I saw this man go at it alone it
was a night to remember, so come with your ears on.

LOS NATURALES (formerly The Cankerworms) - WXYC DJs David van Dokkum,
Montgomery Morris (Pine Street Singers), and Ryan Dowdy (Lafcadio) play
their first live show together for us! For some idea of how great this will
be, focus on your memory of Mr. Morris roughly cradling his guitar as part
of the Golden Fire Pig Orchestra earlier this year while you walk around
DvD's installation at the Artery this Thursday evening. Throw in some fiery
guitar work from Baby Dowds and you've got yourself a reason to bring some
earplugs.

GNAWSTICKS - Doing it. First. Y Fuego Mod + Max of OGTWW. Destroyers of
ductwork and smashers of teacups.

We're all from around here so nobody will be asking you for money, but bring
some dollars to buy things if you'd like. And seriously: we're starting our
night at 8, so you should too.

****
FIND THE QUEEN at
503D N. Greensboro St.
Carrboro (behind the blue-covered bus stop)
****

  • SPERMCOUNT + ELECTRIC CACTUS + LOS NATURALES + GNAWSTICKS tonight @African Queen, Thalia Considine, 08/30/2010