ch-scene - SUN AUG 29th @ FUSE: BOAT BURNING w/ special guest guitarist BRAD NEWELL

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: andy fekete <andy.fekete AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: SUN AUG 29th @ FUSE: BOAT BURNING w/ special guest guitarist BRAD NEWELL
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 23:25:32 -0400

On Sunday 8/29, come celebrate the 5th anniversary of Katrina in the cool
recesses and safety of FUSE in Chapel Hill, with BOAT BURNING and special
guest guitarist BRAD NEWELL. And, like, be glad you can.

It'll be an evening of tastefully complex hard-ambiance, damaged psychedelia
and slo-burn.

Two sets, starting 9:30pm (note the earlier start time is for you folks who
still have a job).

In addition to scoring several dozen films, prolific record producer Brad
Newell is the driving force behind three quietly astonishing bands: WORKBOOK
(jazz), 8 EYES (rock) and the mighty Lee Michaels-inspired BUTTER (funk).

Don't miss this unique, one-time event: Mr Newell's formidable
improvisational skills + BOAT BURNING's aggressive
introduce-damage-then-map-around-it aesthetic will produce some truly
explosive moments.

Admission, as always, is free.

---

FUSE
403 West Rosemary Street
Chapel Hill, NC
DIRECTIONS: http://tinyurl.com/2bs56k4

This performance is part of Boat Burnings's "LAST SUNDAYS @ FUSE" series, a
monthly celebration of / meditation on the connection between emotion and
pure musical improvisation, hosted THE LAST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH at FUSE in
downtown Chapel Hill.

BOAT BURNING - live improvisation, hard ambiance & slo-burn from Chapel Hill
NC
http://www.boatburning.com/

BRAD NEWELL
http://www.myspace.com/buttertheband
http://www.myspace.com/8eyesband

Live. Pure. Throb.

"Last Sundays" (last Sunday every month) @ FUSE
***AN INDY PICK OF THE WEEK EVENT***

"it's the 5th anniv. of Katrina, and I came from NOLA, and we ARE ALL
DAMAGED PSYCHEDELIA people. I mean, you couldn't get a better description of
peeps from NOLA." - Sadie Mae Stewart, Facebook, 8/20/2010

  • SUN AUG 29th @ FUSE: BOAT BURNING w/ special guest guitarist BRAD NEWELL, andy fekete, 08/20/2010