ch-scene - Wigg Report + Nervous Systems (G-ville, FL) House Show this FRI.!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Wigg Report + Nervous Systems (G-ville, FL) House Show this FRI.!
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 00:45:38 -0400

hey folks !

It's almost time for another summertime house show at The Layabout (aka 2702
Lawndale) exclusively for fans of fun and rock'n'roll !!

This FRIDAY August 6th, at 9pm it's my pleasure to present to y'all -

THE WIGG REPORT, one of Durham's finest! They use the simple but amazing
guitar/sax/drums formula to make simple but amazing folk/pop/punk goodness!!
They're in the final stages of making a new record so we can probably expect
some sweet new jamzz! http://myspace.com/thewiggreport

+++

NERVOUS SYSTEMS, who are from my old collegiate stomping grounds of
Gainesville, Florida. They'll be stopping through Durham for the first time
on this tour, so let's show em some love! They play noisy, jangly pop for
fans of The Wedding Present, Boyracer or Slumberland Records...FUN
stuffff!!! http://myspace.com/nervoussystems

There's a good chance we'll have a post-show DJ/dance party...but either way
this is gonna be an awesome night!

It's gonna be B.Y.O.B. (but with some free PBR for the earlybirds!),
all-ages and a $5 suggested donation (all proceeds to the touring band)

The Layabout is 2702 Lawndale Ave. DURHAM!

yrs,
craig austin layabout

  • Wigg Report + Nervous Systems (G-ville, FL) House Show this FRI.!, Craig Powell, 08/04/2010