ch-scene - [Internationalist] Smash Patriarchy! Overthrow the Government! Eat Delicious Pork!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Smash Patriarchy! Overthrow the Government! Eat Delicious Pork!
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:51:48 -0400

Internationalist Books & Community Center
405 W Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
919.942.1740
Open 11 AM to 8 PM, Mon-Sat; 12 to 6 PM Sun
www.internationalistbooks.org

IN THIS EMAIL:

1) Industrial Workers of the World meeting ( Thursday 7/8 7:30 PM)
2) Ibooks Benefit Barbecue! (Sat 7/10, 6-9 PM) - Johnny's Carrboro

1) Whether your job sucks or is "pretty good" (at least today), we in
the IWW believe you should join us for the following reasons. We need
to start sticking up for our coworkers in our workplaces and in our
industries. Ask around on your next shift. How many coworkers have two
or three jobs? How many are one paycheck away from an eviction? We
have a duty to our co-workers, and those who will follow in our
footsteps, to make things better. The only way to do this is to
organize together. When we band together around our common experiences
and interests, we can improve our jobs and industries. Our labor, not
our bosses, is what makes our workplaces tick and we can use our labor
power to improve our jobs and our communities in the short term. In a
lot of ways, that is what unions are all about.

With the IWW, you also belong to a union that has a long term vision
and plan to eliminate the bosses, make our industries and economy
democratic, and stop war and want and inequality.

So join us. We are organizing a chapter in North Carolina! Meetings
are at the Internationalist Bookstore in Chapel Hill. Our next meeting
is on Thursday, July 8th at 7:30 PM. Be a part of the action!

2) Ibooks is having a barbecue! As we start the summer season, we need
your support to keep our volunteer run store strong! Join us at
Johnny's, at 901 W. Main St in Carrboro, for some delicious Eastern NC
barbecue. For $8, you'll get to chow down on barbecue, slaw, potatoes,
and corn bread. With some iced tea thrown in to help you cool off,
there's no better way to spend an evening helping out your favorite
radical bookstore! Dinner is served at 6pm. You can get tickets here
at Ibooks, or the day of at Johnny's.

---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: