ch-scene - June 11th HOUSE SHOW: Wild Wild Geese / Last Year's Men / Church of My Love (AL)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: June 11th HOUSE SHOW: Wild Wild Geese / Last Year's Men / Church of My Love (AL)
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 19:06:33 -0400

hey kids,

it's almost time for the 1st house show of the summer here at the layabout
(aka 2702 lawndale ave. in durham)
this'll be a good one if you enjoy rocknroll and refreshments!

6-11 / 9pm / ALL-ages / B.Y.O.B. / $5 suggested donation

WILD WILD GEESE are from durham and rep for odessa records. "ex and current
members of americans in france, rongo rongo, and spider bags making some
noise." rock like 'whoa!' no joke. long-time 'friends of the layabout' and
i'm glad to finally have them play a show at the house!!!
http://myspace.com/wildwildgeesemusic

LAST YEAR'S MEN play slightly damaged (just right!) lo-fi garagerock. now
affiliated with the mighty churchkey records and ready to take shit over!
http://myspace.com/lastyearsmenband

CHURCH OF MY LOVE are on tour from huntsville+montgomery, alabama and just
released a 12" on the consistently fucking amazing tic tac totally records.
someone spiked their powerpop with punkrock! members of wizzard sleeve and
amber alerts! http://myspace.com/theloveacts

don't be lame. don't miss bands. show up at 9 and we'll do some serious
hangin!

here's the facebook thingy:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=124976067525992
invite yr friends!

yrs,
craig austin layabout

p.s. more exciting house show announcements coming VERY soooooon!!

p.p.s. a few weeks ago i handed out some 'upcoming show schedule' flyers
that listed jacuzzi boys as playing at the house in mid-june. this show has
been POSTPONED but will happen sometime in early fall - i'll keep y'all
posted!

  • June 11th HOUSE SHOW: Wild Wild Geese / Last Year's Men / Church of My Love (AL), Craig Powell, 06/07/2010