ch-scene - Upcoming puppet events!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Upcoming puppet events!
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:54:58 -0400

Greetings puppet lovers,

Our spring season is in full swing and we want to make sure you know when and
where to find us. Calendar below.
You can always check the website and find listings, new pics/videos, and
other stuff there.
http://www.paperhand.org/

Thanks to all that made "Love & Robots" a fabulous success. We are very proud and delighted
to bring this work to this community and the world. Look for "l&r" again in the fall at
Burning coal and other venues.

Remember, we depend on your support to keep these kind of shows happening
here in the triangle and beyond.
You can make a tax-deductible donation that will keep us in our studio and
theatre for years to come.
Just make and mail your check out to:
Saxapahaw Community chest
1616 sax. swep. ch. rd. Graham Nc 27253
include a note in the memo that says paperhand. Thanks!

May 1- The Haw river festival.
for the 1st time to be held in saxapahaw from 1-8 along with the opening of
the farmers market and music series. Jimmy magoo and the paperhand band will
play along with many others on the hillside and the studio will be open be
an open house.
There will be a parade at 3 and a big ole dance party at 8 in the studio.
This is gonna be awesome, so come check it out.
More info www.hawriver.org

May 5- Cinco de mayo pecha Kucha
Also a 1st time in sxphw at our studio/theater
Volume 6 in partnership with Paperhand Puppet Intervention
Presentations start at 7:30 & run till about 9:00. Social time and discussion
after. View our current lineup.

What IS Pecha Kucha Night?

Pecha Kucha is "the sound of conversation" in Japanese. Devised by Astrid Klein
and Mark Dytham in 2003, it began as a place for young designers to meet, network, and show
their work in public. It has evolved since then and has become a terrific venue for getting
ideas and concepts out. Presenters each have 20 slides and 20 seconds per slide to discuss.
Slides are automatically timed to be exactly 20 seconds with the total time for each
presenter is 6 minutes and 40 seconds. This keeps the pace fun & exciting. Learn more
about the format at www.pecha-kucha.org.

We'll have time for a maximum of 10 total presenters.
To sign up to be a presenter call 919-533-5181 or email tryjaime AT gmail.com

May 2- Roanoke museum of art
we will be roving for there grand opening celebrations.

May 6-9- we'll be at leaf doing a giant parade and
playing with jimmy magoo and the paperhand band.

May 22- will be our 1st puppet building work day for 2010 from 10-5 come by
and papier mache' with us.

May 21 thru 23- "esther" the musical, preview concert performances
fri 21 - 7:30 The Friday Center Chapel Hill.
Sat 22- 7:30 Psi theatre Durham Arts Council
sun 23- 4:00 Unitarian Uni fellowship of raleigh 3313 Wade Ave

May 30- Performance and parade at Duke gardens 1:00. We will perform our
mask, music and movement family show featuring a wide variety of characters
from Paperhand's 12 year history.

That's it for now. Hope to see you at some or all of these events.
Thank you all for reading and your continued support.
With love and respect,
Donovan and jan

  • Upcoming puppet events!, Paperhand Puppet, 04/29/2010