ch-scene - Drummer Wanted for Creative Post-Punk Band (Great Influences)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Rashed Arafat <sandpapersleeves AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Drummer Wanted for Creative Post-Punk Band (Great Influences)
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:29:04 -0700 (PDT)

We are called SANDPAPER SLEEVES and we need a drummer who, once
recruited, can take his commitment seriously because we are looking to
go as far as we can. We have responsibilities and day jobs as well,
but music is our true passion. We would prefer someone who is either
in his 20's or early 30's (the bass player and I -- the singer/
guitarist -- are just around 30). We have a good number of songs
written that you'll have to mostly learn, but your creative input is
welcome for new material. You must have a decent amount of skills.
Some influences are The Cure, Joy Division, Syd Barrett, Depeche Mode,
The Doors, The Smiths, Leonard Cohen, Jimi Hendrix, The Durutti
Column, The Velvet Underground, and My Bloody Valentine. Please take a
listen to our music at http://www.myspace.com/sandpapersleeves and if
it's something that's up your alley, drop me a line! Thanks!

  • Drummer Wanted for Creative Post-Punk Band (Great Influences), Rashed Arafat, 04/01/2010