ch-scene - Billy Sugarfix's Carousel-Sat. March 20 Night Light

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Billy Sugarfix <billysugarfix AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Billy Sugarfix's Carousel-Sat. March 20 Night Light
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:34:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Folks,

I've got my chamber pop ensemble sounding really good and we're making
our local club debut as a five piece on Saturday, March 20 at the
Night Light.

We are currently playing under the name BILLY SUGARFIX'S CAROUSEL.
Justin Blatt from Impossible Arms plays viola, Wendy Spitzer of Felix
Obelix plays oboe, Doug Vuncannon of the Triangle Sound Painting
Orchestra plays the double bass, Sara Zaleta sings, I play guitar and
sing.

This group rehearses like crazy and I'm really excited about the
results. It is the most serious musical endeavor I have ever
attempted. It has taken me nearly four years to put this combo
together and get it to the point of gigging. We're ready.

Also on the bill is the intrepid John Harrison, Charlotte's Anna
Bullard, The Houston Brothers (also from Charlotte).

Hope to see you there.

Billy

  • Billy Sugarfix's Carousel-Sat. March 20 Night Light, Billy Sugarfix, 03/17/2010