ch-scene - Simon Joyner House Show (Wednesday, 03/24)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: The Outbound Sound <theoutboundsound AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Simon Joyner House Show (Wednesday, 03/24)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 03:38:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi all...

I'm putting on a house show for the great Simon Joyner on Wednesday,
March 24th starting @ 8 PM.

I'm very excited and this should prove to be a special evening. Simon
hasn't toured this way in years. As he says, he's been going through
his "Beatles moment" for some time. But the good news is he'll be
playing with a three-piece band, the Parachutes (pedal steel and
keyboards), in a rare East Coast appearance.

Simon is planning a few short tours to support his new album "Out Into
the Snow". Instead of performing in the typical indie rock venues and
bars, he's exploring more intimate settings for these shows -- living
rooms and art spaces around the country. Simon feels the house (or art
space) show removes the elevated stage that separates the performer
from the audience. It removes the distracting noise from the bar and
provides an environment that allows the music to be the main focus.
Simon has always felt that house shows and D.I.Y. spaces are often the
best places to perform, but it hasn=92t been feasible to base a tour on
this preference until now.

A few notes:
- Tickets are $10 and space is limited. The show may sell out, so I'd
advise buying tickets now - www.simonjoynertours.com
- The show starts promptly @ 8 PM. There will be a local opener TBA...
- The address in 1605 Ephesus Church Road in Chapel Hill. Parking is
ample on both sides of the street. Please come in the front door.
- Here's the FB invite - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=3D3464672510=
16&ref=3Dts
- Questions? - Email Tom Fisher - tom AT theoutboundsound.com

Simon Joyner is a singer-songwriter living in Omaha, Nebraska. He's
released records since 1993 on various independent labels. He's put
out albums, 7"s, eps and cassettes on: One Hour Records, Sing,
Eunuchs!, Shrimper, Brinkman (Netherlands), Wurlitzer Jukebox (U.K.),
Tonguemaster (U.K.), Secretly Canadian, Truckstop, Seagull, Unread,
Jagjaguwar, and Team Love.

For anyone unfamiliar with Simon's music, take a listen here -
www.myspace.com/simonjoyner.

  • Simon Joyner House Show (Wednesday, 03/24), The Outbound Sound, 03/05/2010