ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, week of March 4, 2010

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Lisa Bachelder <lisa AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, week of March 4, 2010
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 17:21:00 -0500

FYI:

Shadow --- A Groundhog Day Awareness Concert and Benefit for a Friend

The benefit previously scheduled in January (but canceled due to snow) has been rescheduled for this coming Sunday (March 7) at the Berkeley Cafe in Raleigh. Bands and schedule:

Big Machete (featuring members of Kicking Grass) 4:30 pm

John Howie and Billie Feathers 5:20

Kenny Roby and Scott McCall 6:15

Countdown Quartet 7:15

Olympic Ass Kicking Team 8:15

The doors will open at 4 p.m., with the music scheduled to begin at 4:30. Admission will be a minimum $10 donation for adults. All ages are welcome.

All proceeds from Shadow will go to assist Raleigh native Walter Massey with medical bills accumulated after a decade of fighting a lengthy list of illnesses, including myasthenia gravis, diabetes and heart disease.

Shadow is presented in large part by the generosity of several sponsors, including The Q-Shack of North Hills, School Kids Records, Nice Price Books, The Reader's Corner, The Seaboard Cafe, and Barefoot Press.