ch-scene - Bobby's Fever and The Mercators at The Cave January 23rd with Tony Low playing early show

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Bobby's Fever" <bobbys.booking AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Bobby's Fever and The Mercators at The Cave January 23rd with Tony Low playing early show
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:36:31 -0500

Hey Friendsters:

Bobby here...so you guessed it; it's show time again! We'll actually be on a
small hiatus again as Bobby Lars is heading out to the West Coast to surf
and escape the bitter slow and unprogressive East Coast. Plans for a mini
tour are in the works as well as hopes to play many shows in the spring with
all our dear friends; this means you Red Collar and you Dry Heathens and you
Free Electric State and you Rat Jackson and ...oh god too many to list!!! So
stick with us and stay posted and thank you for all you've done so far!

So pasted below is the write up from the Independant but for as kind as they
have been to us unfortunately there is a confusion in the order of the
night. We will be OPENING the night at around 10:30ish and The Mercators
will be headlining! No matter what come early and stay late...I mean it's
the Cave!

*01.23 THE LOWBOTS, THE MERCATORS, BOBBY'S FEVER @ THE CAVE*

It's a full evening at The Cave, beginning with Tony Low's The Lowbots. Low
counts as a co-founder of well-regarded '80s psych/ power pop act
Cheepskates, and he brings a similar sensibility to bear here. His winsome
songs frolic lightheartedly around crisp melodies, well-crafted songs and
snippets of serrated guitar that might catch you by surprise. Late show
openers The Mercators sidle slinky and slow. Whether soaked in fuzz or
ramshackle twang, there's a foot-tapping energy that infests their musical
foundation like hook-hungry termites gorging themselves. Bobby's Fever
captains the night with irascible pop-punk. Low hits the stage at 7:30 p.m.,
followed by the late pair around 10p.m. *—Chris Parker*

Cheers

Bobbys Fever

http://www.myspace.com/bobbysfever

Home: