ch-scene - Broad Street Cafe - Permit Petition

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: BSC <junk AT hitezone.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Broad Street Cafe - Permit Petition
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 07:52:01 -0800 (PST)

Background: The City of Durham has decided that we need to obtain a
minor permit to continue to offer music after 10pm.

In preparation for our permit hearing before the Durham Board of
Adjustment on Wednesday, December 9th we are contacting folks who
would be willing to sign a petition that states:

"We, the undersigned, are patrons of The Broad Street Caf=E9, located at
1116 Broad Street Caf=E9 in Durham, North Carolina. We value the Broad
Street Caf=E9 and its contributions to the community of Durham. The
musical acts that perform at The Broad Street Caf=E9 are a tremendous
part of the dynamic cultural community that we as citizens of Durham
are proud to represent. We urge the Durham Board of Adjustment to
issue a Minor Use Permit to The Broad Street Caf=E9 allowing it to have
musical acts perform after 10 o=92clock p.m."

A copy of the petition is located by the cash register at the Cafe.
If you can take a minute to stop by and sign it, that would be ideal.
If there is no way you can make it to the Cafe before next Tuesday,
the second best option is to sign our online petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/BSC_MusicPermit

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

--
The Broad Street Cafe
1116 Broad Street

  • Broad Street Cafe - Permit Petition, BSC, 12/01/2009