ch-scene - Pig Zen Space

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: pig zen space <pigzen AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Pig Zen Space
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:14:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi =96 Lookin for a lil help spreading the word...

Hope you'll take a second to check out my download website, Pig Zen
Space.

Pig Zen Space - www.pigzenspace.com - is a new music download website
where every record sells for $3.50.

Here's some sample artist pages.

http://www.pigzenspace.com/blagard.html
http://www.pigzenspace.com/blackskies.html
http://www.pigzenspace.com/caltropwc.html
http://www.pigzenspace.com/ampline.html

Every record released by each artist has its own individual page. The
idea is to imitate the experience of picking the record up at a store
and checking it out. Each page has 2 MP3 samples, a picture of the
artwork, a brief synopsis of the liner notes. The CD is encoded with
LAME MP3 setting 245 kbpr VO. This is a very high quality MP3. A
high resolution PDF of the artwork is also included in the download.
There is an outline
of a CD sleeve which allows the customer to cut out the cover to make
their own CD and CD cover. No other download website on the web
provides this feature.

There is no charge to add your record to our inventory, however, the
first 7 sales go toward paying for set-up. Each record downloads for
$3.50 and the band keeps $2.75 of every sale thereafter.

I play in a touring rock band (Blag'ard - www.blagard.com) and
appreciate the value of networking and being in good company. One of
the goals for Pig Zen Space is to be a selective online record store.
Good is good. Regardless of genre. Any help is appreciated with
spreading the word.

If you are interested in joining the Pig Zen Space online download
website and having your records for sale here, all you need to do is
send a CD to:

Pig Zen Space, PO Box 5132 Chapel Hill, NC 27514.

There is a music licensing agreement which I would very much like for
you to check out. It spells out in detail exactly the payment system,
the non-exclusivity, and the no risk / quit at any time nature of the
website. If you're comfortable with it, sign the agreement and mail
it along with the CD.

http://www.pigzenspace.com/agreement.html

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you,

Joe Taylor
info AT pigzenspace.com

  • Pig Zen Space, pig zen space, 10/12/2009