ch-scene - October events

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: October events
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:58:32 -0400

Hello Paperhanders,

Thank you to everyone who helped in so many ways to make this years' summer show
"The Living Sea of Memory" a great success!
We had record attendance (close to 12,000) and some of the most incredible
feedback we have ever recieved.
It was a fabulous and deeply moving experience for us all and we do
appreciate all your love and support.
Please send us photos that you think we should have. Thanks!

We are busy with Fall appearances as we speak so, if you get a chance come
out and play (and help schlepp) with us at one of these events.
*Paperhand has an installation in a gallery in Raleigh, 320 Harrington St., all this
month. Come check out "Shrine" a cardboard creation.
www.musanc.com

***Sat OCT. 10~ Shakori Hills' Grassroots Festival. Look for us at 1 at the
Cabaret tent. Parade at 2!

***Sat OCT. 17th~ The 2nd annual Hillsborough Handmade Parade will be in
downtown Hillsborough. People bring any and everything they've made to help
us celebrate the creatures of the Eno and any and everything else you'd like
to celebrate as well. Don't miss this incredible, homegrown, inspiring event!
Contact the Hillsborough Arts Council for more info Telephone: 919-643-2500
Email: info AT hillsboroughartscouncil.org
http://www.hillsboroughartscouncil.org/handmade_parade.html

***Sat OCT 24th~ A traveling puppet troupe from Alaska will be coming through town on a
nation-wide tour and performing at our Saxapahaw studio. RECKONING MOTIONS~A PUPPET
TROUPE will be performing their show "THE GREAT ZIGGURAT" Puppet Tales from
Babel and Beyond. Help us welcome and host these award winning puppeteers from the far
N.W. The show will start at 8 and we will be asking for a $10 suggested donation.

That's all for now...
Love and gratitude,
Donovan and Jan

  • October events, Paperhand Puppet, 10/06/2009