ch-scene - TV GHOST / WIZZARD SLEEVE / HARLEM Oct. 12th @ The Pinhook!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: TV GHOST / WIZZARD SLEEVE / HARLEM Oct. 12th @ The Pinhook!!
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 03:21:57 -0400

Hey kids,

I booked a show over at The Pinhook in Durham with three cool outtatown
garage bands! I'll probably DJ a bit between the bands and after the show
as well... This should be a damn fine night of scuzzy, fuzzy, punk rock 'n'
roll

TV GHOST - play dark, damaged garage punk and have a badass new LP on In The
Red. "Lafayette, Indiana creepers TV Ghost incorporate the licentious
nuances of the earliest Cramps scuzz, No Wave cacophony and Suicide's
terrifying throb alongside cavernous bellows from the depths of the third
layer of hell." http://www.myspace.com/televisionghost

HARLEM - are on tour from Austin, TX. They play catchy, Nuggets-style garage
and were just signed to Matador Records after releasing a super-catchy debut
LP "Free Drugs" and subsequently earning rave reviews for said LP as well as
their live show (two frontmen trading off guitar/drums = high energy!) They
play songs about girls, drugs and "Psychedelic Tits." Plus, they have a
Triangle connection - Jose grew up in Chapel Hill and played in Spider Bags
before moving to Austin. http://myspace.com/harlemduh

WIZZARD SLEEVE - I know it's cheesy to say, but maybe these guys defy
description... Alabaman glue-wave? Or you could just come to the show and
then decide for yourself....Their new LP on HoZac is being called "a
skin-crawling, death-punk masterpiece" and I've heard that their frontman,
Captain Beyonce, is one of the weirdest/coolest...
http://myspace.com/wizzardsleeve

The show should start around 9PM and the suggested donation is $8. The
Pinhook is at 117 W. Main St. in downtown Durham.

RSVP or just check out the flyer at the Facebook event page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=144090603654&index=1

Don't miss out! Rest assured, people will be talking about this one the next
day! (and the day after that...)

yrs,
Craig Austin Layabout

P.S. The next 2702 Lawndale Ave. show will be a HAUNTED HOUSE SHOW....on
Halloween....and will feature Floating Action (Park the Van) and 2-3 local
bands that you all know and love! Stay tuned for more details...

  • TV GHOST / WIZZARD SLEEVE / HARLEM Oct. 12th @ The Pinhook!!, Craig Powell, 10/03/2009