ch-scene - Re: what the hell is a piccolo bass guitar?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Todd Morman" <tmorman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: what the hell is a piccolo bass guitar?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:28:17 -0500

As I recall, there was a picolo bass player in Miles Davis' band back in the 80s.

Don't know about the 80s, but Ron Carter played with Miles on all his classic mid-60s stuff, according to Allmusic invented the piccolo bass, and uses it on a lot of his records, including the pretty good "Piccolo" from 1977.

todd 1969's "Uptown Conversation" is my favorite tho morman