ch-scene - Drummer Wanted for Local Post-Punk/Art Rock Band

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Rashed Arafat <shadowplaync AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Drummer Wanted for Local Post-Punk/Art Rock Band
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

It is hard to pinpoint our sound, so I'll list some influences: The
Cure, Joy Division, (early) Pink Floyd/Syd Barrett, The Doors, Depeche
Mode, Kraftwerk, Jimi Hendrix, My Bloody Valentine, The Velvet
Underground, Leonard Cohen, and aspects of the 4AD (record label)
sound. We are looking for someone who is not necessarily a beast
behind the drum kit, but has at least enough technical prowess to be
able to easily handle fast 16th notes on the high hat, for instance.
The drum parts to our songs are "written" much like the parts for the
other instruments, so they are not there just to keep time -- which
goes without saying -- or be full of uninspired fills. The emphasis is
on a tight, but highly creative pre-written structure, including fills
(arrived at with your cooperation) into which you "breathe" life and
dynamics during each performance.

We are serious musicians and intend to do this for a living (without
ever sacrificing the root reason for us doing it -- the primordial
passion for creating music. Idealistic, I know!). We hope you too are
on the same boat. Right now, we consist of just a guitar player/singer
and a bassist. However, a keyboardist might be thrown into the mix in
the future.

We are both in our late 20's to early 30's, and prefer to play with
someone who is neither a teenager, nor middle-aged.

You'll get a more complete picture of us by checking out our myspace
page at http://www.myspace.com/shadowplaync

If this sounds interesting to you, then please contact me via e-mail.

Cheers!

  • Drummer Wanted for Local Post-Punk/Art Rock Band, Rashed Arafat, 07/13/2009