ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of June 13, 2009

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of June 13, 2009
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:21:48 -0400

Friday, June 19
I Was Totally Destroying U2
Tir Na Nog, Raleigh

One of the most ambitious cover/tribute projects this area has seen for some
time, we the kids from I Was Totally Destroying It will rock 25 U2 songs
spanning just about every record U2 made, including some songs that never
made it onto an LP. If you ever liked U2, you will want to hear this. We
will blow your fucking mind, from An Cat Dubh to Zoo Station. Tell your
friends. Even the snarkiest, most jaded local music advocate would be
remiss in leaving this out of a things to do list. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

Seriously, though. Come out, sing along, bend your elbow. We won't let you
down.

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM, grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

> Saturday, June 13
> des_ark (http://www.des-ark.org)
> The Strugglers (http://www.thestrugglers.org/)
> Mount Moriah (http://www.myspace.com/mountmoriah)
> Embarrassing Fruits (http://www.myspace.com/embarrassingfruitsband)
> Megafaun (http://www.myspace.com/megafaun)
> Piedmont Biofuels, Pittsboro
>
> This is the now-annual all-afternoon TRKfest, which gets underway around
> 2:00 p.m. & includes the following artists:
>
> Butterflies
> Megafaun
> Lost in the Trees
> Ivan Rosebud
> Embarrassing Fruits
> Hammer No More The Fingers
> Des Ark
> Midtown Dickens
> The Never
> The Strugglers
> Mount Moriah
> Vibrant Green
>
> In other words, it's the local-music blowout of the season. More info
> here: http://www.myspace.com/trkfest
>

> Saturday, June 13
> Birds of Avalon (http://www.myspace.com/birdsofavalon)
> Dark Meat (http://www.myspace.com/darkmeats)
> One Man Machine (http://www.myspace.com/onemanmachine)
> Local 506, Chapel Hill
>
> If you like your rock huge & psychedelic, this is the show for you.
> BoA's new single is even more spacey than the stuff on their great OUI
> EP, but live they still bring the hammer-down dual-guitar rock action.
>

> Saturday, June 13
> Fontana (http://www.myspace.com/fontana1)
> D-Town Brass
> Tunes
> The Pinhook, Durham
>
> D-Town Brass is a new large horn-based jazz/funk instrumental outfit
> from Durham. There are photos & music up on their reverbnation page . .
> . I see a lot of familiar faces in those photos:
> http://www.reverbnation.com/dtownbrass
>

> Saturday, June 13
> Fever and the Fallin' Rain (http://myspace.com/feverandthefallinrain)
> Son Cats
> Cabinet of Natural Curiousities
> Nightlight, Chapel Hill
>

> Saturday, June 13
> The Kinksmen (http://www.myspace.com/jeffhoo)
> Slim's Downtown, Raleigh
>

> Sunday, June 14
> Meat Puppets (http://www.themeatpuppets.com)
> Retribution Gospel Choir (http://retributiongospelchoir.com)
> Cat's Cradle, Carrboro
>

> Sunday, June 14
> Ryan Gustafson (http://www.myspace.com/ryangustafsonmusic)
> Josh Moore (http://www.myspace.com/joshuamoore)
> Twelve Thousand Armies (http://www.myspace.com/12000armies)
> Local 506, Chapel Hill
>

> Monday, June 15
> Sunset Rubdown (http://www.absolutelykosher.com/sunsetrubdown.htm)
> Elfin Saddle
> Witchies
> Local 506, Chapel Hill
>

> Monday, June 15
> Eula (http://www.eulamusic.com/)
> The Constellations
> [...]

Der Weg ist das Ziel

  • Re: stuff to do, week of June 13, 2009, James Hepler, 06/13/2009