ch-scene - Pin Projekt 2009: May 29th at 6:30 pm @ Pinhook in Durham w/ Cool

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "info AT troikamusicfestival.org" <melissa.thomas AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Pin Projekt 2009: May 29th at 6:30 pm @ Pinhook in Durham w/ Cool
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:28:24 -0700 (PDT)

Pin Projekt 2009: A fundraiser for the Troika Music Festival

Come out and support local music and take home a piece of art!

What:

The 5th annual Pin Projekt fund raiser for the Troika Music Festival
is happening on May 29th. Every year for the past five years,
artists have turned used bowling pins into painted or carved pins and
even ornate furniture items. The artists have included local and
national musicians, writers, painters, and craftspeople. We couldn't
hold the Festival without the funds raised at the Pin Projekt auction
so come bid on some amazing art and support local music

We're posting pictures of pins as we receive them on the Facebook
event page. We've posted about a half dozen pins so far. Come check
them out! We'll post as many as we can, though there will probably be
a lot of pins at the auction that we don't get a chance to post
beforehand.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=78978567038

Local blues legend Cool John Ferguson will play music. Billy Sugarfix
will act as auctioneer.

There is a $5 cover charge that will be collected at the door.

When:

The viewing period/cocktail hour begins this Friday (May 29) at 6:30,
with free munchies provided by some of Durham's finest eateries.

Auction starts at 8:00, and Cool John starts at 10:00.

Where:

Pinhook
117 W. Main St.
Durham, NC 27701