ch-scene - Puppet news and next dance

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Puppet news and next dance
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:02:54 -0400

Hello puppet friends,

Exciting things are happening in the world of puppetry and we are... well...
excited!
*We just finished building a huge cardboard structure that was something
between a paper wasp nest, a Dr. Suess wigwam Smurf hut, and a giant bulbous
tuber portruding from the ground.
100's of kids, and a few adventurous adults, climbed through the tunnels and
played inside this latest commission from Artsplosure before it melted in the
rain on Sun .
Look for some photos soon on our website under "commissions"

*Our next big dance at Ourspace in Saxapahaw will be Sat. June 13th from 8 to
12. Our last dance had about 100 people dancing hard, with the puppets
bearing witness, to the mad musics of dj dizl.
Come out and celebrate the continuing unfolding phenomenon of the infinite
pulsating universe with a fabulous dynamic community. This is an all ages
alcohol and smoke free event that will follow the Sax. farmers market/music
series featuring Afrissippi (6-8).

*We are beginning work in earnest on our 10th annual summer production for
the Forest Theatre and NC Museum of Art.
We will be hosting work/play parties to build puppets Sat.'s June 6, 13, 20,
and 27th from 10 to 6. Come out and help make this year's show a reality.
Many of you have inquired about this and here is your chance.
The show begins Aug 6th and runs thru Sept 12. Details coming soon.

*We are in real need of your finacial support, as cliche' as that may sound
at this point.
It takes a whole village to... make it happen.
You can make a tax-deductible donation to Saxapahaw Community Chest and it
will go directly toward paying our rent ($550).
Or make a check out to http://www.paperhand.org/ directly at 6530 Whitney Rd.
Graham, NC 27253.
We cannot survive without your support and we are deeply appreciative of all
those who have given to us so far. Please continue to help keep this artform
alive and thriving in the triangle.
Thank you!

*We will be the featured guest of the Burrito Bash fundraiser at the
Pittsboro General Store Cafe on July 7th, details soon.

More to come as it all unfolds.
With love and respect,
Donovan and Jan

  • Puppet news and next dance, Paperhand Puppet, 05/27/2009