ch-scene - Girls Rock NC Silent Auction

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "punkalicia AT gmail.com" <punkalicia AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Girls Rock NC Silent Auction
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:56:50 -0700 (PDT)

Girls Rock NC Silent Auction
Durham, NC 2009 =96 The 2nd Annual Silent Auction to benefit Girls Rock
NC will be held on April 18, 2009 at Parker and Otis in Durham, NC.
The auction will be held from 7-9pm. Food will be served with a cash
bar. The $10 donation at the door will include two drink tickets.
Throughout the event there will be great music from local legends
Rebecca and the Hi-Tones. Rebecca Newton serves as the Board Chair
for Girls Rock NC and is a very active member of the Triangle's music
and arts community.

There will be auction items to fit all budgets! Auction items include
a focus on really creative skill-shares this year, like a fly-fishing
trip for two, a sushi lesson, pottery lessons, drum lessons for a
year, a Girls Rock b-day party, and a family trail ride at Spence's
Farm.

=93We're lucky to have a really cool community of Girls Rock NC
supporters. The auction is an important fundraiser for us, but more
than that, it's an opportunity to get these incredible folks together
in one place for a night to have a great party!=94 says Co-founder Abby
Pearce.

Thanks to funds raised at last year's Auction scholarships were
provided for 5% of the campers. This year because of the downturn in
the economy the goal is to provide scholarships for over 10% of the
campers. The silent auction will play a large role in making that
possible.

This is a family friendly event with auction items big and small, for
the kids in our lives and for the kids in all of us.

# # #

Girls Rock NC is a nonprofit organization that runs programs that
encourage girls to be confident, creative members of their
communities. Girls make bands, have workshops in teamwork, body
confidence, zine-making, DIY clothing, recording, Tech Talk,
songwriting and more, and are supported as they speak up and share
their experiences as girls. We're part of the international Girls Rock
Camp Alliance, helping each other stay true to our mission--empowering
girls!

More info about the event can be found at www.girlsrocknc.org/upcomingevent=
s.htm

  • Girls Rock NC Silent Auction, punkalicia AT gmail.com, 04/17/2009