ch-scene - Music Maker 15th Anniversary & John Dee Holeman 80th B-Day Party!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: BSC <junk AT hitezone.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Music Maker 15th Anniversary & John Dee Holeman 80th B-Day Party!
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 05:43:17 -0700 (PDT)

Music Maker 15th Anniversary & John Dee Holeman 80th B-Day Party!

Saturday April 4, 8P

Music Maker 15th Anniversary & John Dee Holeman 80th Birthday Party
Featuring:
John Dee Holeman, Cool John Ferguson, Sol Creech, Bubba Norwood
Captain Luke, Whistlin' Britches, Andy Coates, and Billy Stevens!

Join The Broad Street Cafe as we celebrate 80 years of John Dee
Holeman and kickoff the Music Maker 15th anniversary celebratory year!

Holeman, a Durham blues legend, will celebrate his birthday with the
organization that helps him keep his blues alive.

"We first started the organization out of our house, back in 1994,"
TimDuffy, president of the foundation says. "It's amazing how far we
have come over the years. We could have never done it without our
supporters and artists."

The party will begin at 8 PM at Durham's Broad Street Cafe' and end
with a champagne toast at midnight. In addition to Holeman's nostalgic
blues,other Music Maker Relief Foundation artists and friends
including: Cool John Ferguson, Sol Creech, Bubba Norwood, Captain
Luke, Whistlin' Britches, Andy Coates, and Billy Stevens will help
keep the party alive!

There are a limited number of tickets available at $15.00.
Tickets can be puchased on the Music Maker website by going here:
http://musicmakerstore.stores.yahoo.net/fira20.html

"The foundation has high hopes for this party," Duffy said. "We want
community members to celebrate with us. Let's support our blues
artists while we still can."

--
The Broad Street Cafe
1116 Broad Street

  • Music Maker 15th Anniversary & John Dee Holeman 80th B-Day Party!, BSC, 03/26/2009