ch-scene - "Hungry Ghost" finale @ ArtsCenter

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: "Hungry Ghost" finale @ ArtsCenter
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:56:39 -0500

Ladies and gentlemen,

Our final weekend of winter performances this year will be at
http://www.artscenterlive.org/index.php?a=Theatre&b=The%20Season
In carrboro. Tickets available by phone 919-929-2787 or online @...
http://www.artscenterlive.org/index.php?a=Theatre&b=Current%20Production

March 19th thru 22nd!

Paperhand Puppet Intervention
and
Theatre of Performing Objects
presents

"Hungry Ghost"
A shadowy tale of the insatiable human condition.

Weaving styles of puppetry together from masks & shadows to marionettes &
bunraku, this colaborative work explores the hellish realms of these darkly mysterious
beings. The Hungry Ghost is found in Buddhist traditions throughout Asia (and the world
in myriad forms.) Hungry Ghosts are the unfortunate souls of greedy or miserly people
who then pay dearly and suffer greatly in the afterlife. Our tale is spun in ancient and
modern times, inticing us all to contemplate our own desires & humanity.
Warning: This show is intended for mature audiences!
Which means... scary, strange and sexual content.
You were warned.

ALSO, on a different note...

March 14th (only 2 shows) we will be performing at the NC Symphony's Young
Peoples Concert
"A World of Music."
Performances are at 11 and 2 at Meymandi Concert Hall in downtown Raleigh,
Sat March 14th.
Tickets only $10 if purchased online.
Go to... www.ncsymphony.org

As always, we truly appreciate your support.
To make a tax-deductable donation make your check out to "Saxapahaw Community
Chest" and mail it to:
1616 Jordan Dr, Saxapahaw, NC 27340
Your contribution will go directly to keeping us in our new space in
Saxapahaw. We can't make it without your help.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon!
The Cardboard cowboys of Paperhand