ch-scene - Re: N&O Great-8 Teaser

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: David Menconi <dmenconi AT newsobserver.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: N&O Great-8 Teaser
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:09:52 -0500

For several years now, the N&O has been doing an annual "8 local bands
to watch" feature called the Great 8. Maybe we should go back through
the previous years & see how prescient they've been? Maybe later.

hey -- actually, we run an update on prior year's classes every time. so yeah, you'll be able to scope that come Friday. I really wish we'd been able to do performance films of everybody from the beginning, but that's only been the last few years. as it is, it's still a darned fine archive -- our multi-media crew really outdid themselves again.

as to this year's lineup, sorry about the "secrecy." but you can probably guess why we've tried to keep that on the down-low this go- round. ;>

David Menconi/Raleigh (NC) News & Observer
919/829-4759
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/beat/
http://www.OffTheRecordBook.com