ch-scene - Free open reel analog tape deck, needs work

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <cr AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Free open reel analog tape deck, needs work
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 10:41:47 -0500

I have a Tascam 32 open reel analog tape deck I will give you for free.
It is 1/4" two track, can accommodate big or little reels and can run
at 15 or 7.5 ips. I was considering selling it but I tested it for the
first time in many, many years, and it does not work. Likely at least
needs the dust blown out of it and maybe some of the rubber parts
replaced, like belts and pinch rollers. I'm moving and don't want to
lug this with me, so you can have it for free. Just needs some love
from someone who is technically inclined.

If you come get this tape deck I will also give you a shit ton
(technical term) of empty reels in boxes, some clear plastic leader
tape, some splicing tape and I might even be able to find some tape for
recording onto.

Don't let this offer pass you by. Save my friend from the landfill.
Act now! Supplies are limited to just one.

My email address is "chris" at the domain of my recording studio,
referenced above and below.

Chris Rossi
--
http://spacelabstudio.com/