ch-scene - Upcoming A/V Geeks Events - How to be a Proud American, etc.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: avgeeks AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Upcoming A/V Geeks Events - How to be a Proud American, etc.
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:25:35 -0800 (PST)

How To Be a Proud American (Again)...
Given recent election results, many of us are gearing up to be proud
to again say that they are Americans but are a little rusty. The A/V
Geeks pull from their 16mm archive, films that remind us how to be
good citizens and how our contributions can make the country great.
Films include: Patriotism, Good Citizens, The Preamble and more.

7PM, Thursday, January 29th Center for Documentary Studies/a>, 1317 W.
Pettigrew Street Durham, NC

Attack From Space (1964)
Benevolent aliens from the planet Emerald send superhero-in-tights
Starman to protect Earth from invasion by an evil alien race called
the Spherions. When Starman arrives on Earth, he discovers a
conspiracy involving Earth's top scientists, and he must root out the
traitors and also stop the impending alien invasion. Lots of goofy fun
with this film! Show up early to see an A/V Geeks short and get a good
seat! Stay after the movie to play trivia and win valuable prizes!
FREE!

7pm. Friday, February 6th, NC Museum of Natural Sciences 11 W. Jones
St., Raleigh, NC

ALSO COMING IN FEBRUARY - VD isn't just for Valentine's Day

See ya soon!

Skip Elsheimer
http://www.avgeeks.com

To be added to future A/V Geeks mailings, email me at
skipATavgeeks.com. Thanks.

  • Upcoming A/V Geeks Events - How to be a Proud American, etc., avgeeks, 01/27/2009