ch-scene - NEW WKNC Blog

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: pdwknc AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: NEW WKNC Blog
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 16:12:24 -0800 (PST)

wknc.org/blog

WKNC Launches New Station Blog
Released January 1, 2009

WKNC 88.1 FM announces the launch of its first official station blog.
Developed over the fall semester, the blog made its public debut Jan.
1.

=93In an effort to reach out to our online community and encourage
interaction with our listeners we have carved out an Internet outpost
where WKNC listeners can come to find all of the newest and most up-to-
date information about all of our music formats,=94 wrote general
manager Kyle Robb in the blog=92s welcome post.

=93We hope the blog becomes an important part of our station and an
important Web site in our music community,=94 said Adam Kincaid, WKNC
program director. =93The Triangle music scene has a large following with
many members who have their own individual Web sites dedicated to the
amazing music and radio stations around us. We hope that our blog
becomes a gateway to connecting all of these Web sites and ideas.=94

The staff actually started posting to the blog in November so there
would be plenty of content to welcome new readers, including
information on local artists and shows, music news and reviews, and
station promotions. The blog is also a way to showcase the station=92s
collaborations with the Technician student newspaper, notably its
daily =9388.1 Second of Technician=94 newscast and podcast and weekly
=9388.1 WKNC Pick of the Week=94 album review.

The WKNC blog and the September redesign of the station=92s Rock Report,
an online music calendar, are important initiatives to expand the
station=92s Internet presence and connect with listeners in a measurable
way, said Fred Eaker, systems administrator for N.C. State Student
Media. =93The students are learning and exercising new media skills,
laying a foundation for future student staff and setting an example in
college radio,=94 he said.

Readers can subscribe to the blog=92s RSS feed or receive email updates
at wknc.org/blog.

  • NEW WKNC Blog, pdwknc, 01/01/2009