ch-scene - Re: A Little River Christmas

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: A Little River Christmas
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 05:05:42 -0800 (PST)

--- On Wed, 12/24/08, Bryon Settle <ployntabs AT embarqmail.com> wrote:
> From: Bryon Settle <ployntabs AT embarqmail.com>
> I saw Little River Band open for Cheap
> Trick who
> opened for Foreigner In 1977 at Greensboro Coliseum.

I went to some multi-band extravaganza on the lawn of Meredith College in
1985. The Little River Band was on the bill along with The Connells in the
opening spot and REM as the headliner. LRB were well enough known to be the
kiss of death by that time, so it seemed pretty messed up that they were even
on the bill. I forgot what I did to evade that part of the show. But
apparently I did whatever it took to avoid seeing the greatest band of all
time. The shame still haunts me.

The little niece has yet to get up this morning so she can discover the Rock
Band left by Santa Claus and we can get on with playing it nonstop for the
next two days.

3