ch-scene - Re: A Little River Christmas

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bryon Settle <ployntabs AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: A Little River Christmas
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 01:58:36 -0500

Okay, here it is; I saw Little River Band open for Cheap Trick who opened for Foreigner In 1977 at Greensboro Coliseum. Cheap Trick was relatively unknown at the time but they brought the noise baby.
Foreigner had some wicked guitar sounds with a lot of soloing. No one had heard of Little River Band before. They were like this Australian ELP back then. Almost prog-rock.
This was Carter era: Sanford and Son was still going, You could get a 64 Strat for a few hundred bucks, Scooby Doo was still relevant...

Happy Ho Ho ya'll,

James Hepler wrote:
Are any actual members of the original little river band even in the band
anymore, because I hear that at least three wusses turned down offers to
join them.