ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, week of December 19, 2008

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: carlos <rocofresi AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, week of December 19, 2008
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 06:03:16 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 19, 11:53=A0am, gr... AT ibiblio.org (grady) wrote:
> This'll take you all the way to New Year's (and I may or may not be able
> to post another til then):
>
> Friday, December 19
> Chatham County Line =A0 =A0(http://www.chathamcountyline.com/)
> Pour House, Raleigh
>
> Friday, December 19
> Midtown Dickens =A0 =A0(http://www.myspace.com/midtowndickens)
> The Tender Fruit =A0 =A0(http://www.myspace.com/thetenderfruit)
> The Beast
> The Pinhook, Durham
>
> Midtown Dickens are truly one of the treasures of the Triangle music
> scene; even the Durham metalheads know & freely acknowledge this fact.
> Lineup:
>
> 12:30 - Tender Fruit
> 11:30 - Midtown Dickens
> 10:30 - The Beast
>
> Friday, December 19
> Gray Young =A0 =A0(http://www.myspace.com/grayyoung)
> Blag'ard =A0 =A0(http://www.blagard.com/)
> Tin Star
> Nightlight, Chapel Hill
>
> Blag'ard is Joe Taylor, who used to be in the '90s Chapel Hill band
> Capsize 7. This band sounds kinda like a '90s Chapel Hill band, with
> extra-freaky guitar. Tin Star has Louie from William Christ Supercarr
> (a, um, '90s Chapel Hill band), and Jamie from the Winston-Salem band
> Tommygun (which also featured Geoff Abell, ex-Capsize 7). I haven't seen
> 'em yet.
>
> Gray Young is a younger, shoegazier band.
>
> Friday, December 19
> Straight 8s =A0 =A0(http://www.straight8s.com)
> The Bo-Stevens =A0 =A0(http://www.thebostevens.com/)
> The Cave, Chapel Hill
>
> Friday, December 19
> Battle Rockets =A0 =A0(http://www.myspace.com/battlerockets)
> The Whisky Smugglers
> Saint Solitude
> Jack Sprat Cafe, Chapel Hill
>
> Friday, December 19
> Proof =A0 =A0(http://www.prooftheband.org)
> The Ghost of Saturday Nite
> (http://www.myspace.com/theghostofsaturdaynite)
> Black River
> Slim's Downtown, Raleigh
>
> Saturday, December 20
> Big Fat Gap =A0 =A0(http://www.bigfatgap.com/)
> Dexter Romweber and the New Romans
> (http://www.myspace.com/dexterromweber)
> The Rafters
> Cat's Cradle, Carrboro
>
> This is a free holiday party, and it starts early (so you can still
> catch EW at the Cave, if you so desire):
>
> 7:30 The Rafters
> 8:30 Big Fat Gap
> 9:30 Dexter Romweber and the New Romans
> 10:45 Big Fat Gap (second set)
>
> Saturday, December 20
> Puritan Rodeo =A0 =A0(http://www.thepuritanrodeoshow.blogspot.com/)
> Joe Romeo & the Orange County Volunteers
> (http://www.myspace.com/joeromeomusic)
> Slingshot Cash =A0 =A0(http://www.myspace.com/slingshotcash)
> The Pinhook, Durham
>
> Be sure you get there early enough to check out Joe Romeo and his Orange
> [...]
biblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene

The actual lineup for the show at the Cave on 12/27 is Dexter
Romweber, Taz Halloween and New Town Drunks (I don't know in what
order, but it starts around 10pm). Stu Cole gets iron man credit
since he'll be playing with all three groups. Come bid Hoppie
farewell.