ch-scene - Blotter Magazine open-mic poetry night; and Troika Festival passes!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: m_k_smith AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Blotter Magazine open-mic poetry night; and Troika Festival passes!
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:09:09 -0700 (PDT)

The Blotter Magazine once again cordially invites you all to our
monthly Open-Mic Poetry Night, Wednesday November 5, at the Cave. (We
recommend drinking and poetry as an antidote to post-election
stress.) Come read your own works or those of your favorite poets.
The Cave is at 452 =BD West Franklin Street in Chapel Hill, 968-9308;
festivities start at 8:30 pm. (Stick around afterwards for the music
of our friends Blaine Ziglar & the Phantom Vibrations!)
We also have passes to the Troika Music Festival!! The Festival,
taking place next Thursday through Saturday in Durham, features all
kinds of local and national bands, such as The Old Ceremony, Sorry
About Dresden, Midtown Dickens, Schooner, etc., etc. These passes get
you into all the shows at all the venues. We are auctioning these
passes off, on a first-come first-served basis. They sell for $20,
but we=92ll take any reasonable offer. E-mail your bids to
m_k_smith AT yahoo.com, by 9 pm Monday night Nov. 3.
Xoxoxxoxoxxo =96 The Blotter Gang

  • Blotter Magazine open-mic poetry night; and Troika Festival passes!, m_k_smith, 10/30/2008