ch-scene - obama! + xmas + rh

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: regina_hexaphone AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: obama! + xmas + rh
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:09:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all y'all -- RH has a couple of mini-shows amongst very esteemed
company coming up in the next week at somewhat unconventional times
of the day...

First up, we're totally, totally honored and jazzed to be playing the
N.C. Rocks for Change event in Chapel Hill this Saturday, November 1.
The event is at Graham Terrace, next to the early voting site at
Morehead Planetarium, and features a freakin' amazing lineup of local
musical excellence. The alleged order of events is thus (except for
Billy Bragg, these times are A.M., y'all):

Portastatic 9
Regina Hexaphone 9:30
Greg Humphries 9:50
Bowerbirds 10:15
I Was Totally Destroying It 10:35
Megafaun 11
Ivan Rosebud 11:30
Superchunk 11.50
Billy Bragg 12:15

But wait, there's more! We're also totally, totally honored and
jazzed to be playing the CD release show for "Holly Raleigh Christmas
3" (for which we have contributed a lovely Christmas song with
vampires) at Tir Na Nog next Thursday, November 6. Here's the low-
down:

7:00 Joe Newberry
7:15 Nathan Oliver
7:35 Day Action Band