ch-scene - Troika 2008 Call for volunteers

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "troikavolunteers AT gmail.com" <troikavolunteers AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Troika 2008 Call for volunteers
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:26:55 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings local music enthusiasts!
Troika is approaching rapidly, and volunteer opportunities are still
available. For those who are unfamiliar with Troika, it is an annual
music festival held in the Triangle that features predominantly local
bands. The purpose of the event is to offer an opportunity to
experience a sample of all of the great music in this area and to
highlight our burgeoning music scene. This year, we are looking
forward to more than 50 bands performing throughout the festival
including The Rosebuds, Kimya Dawson, The Old Ceremony,
and Bellafea to name a few. Also, we have expanded the number of
shows; therefore, we've enlisted some new venues (e.g. the Carolina
Theatre!). For more information, check out troikamusicfestival.org.

If you are interested in enjoying a terrific show while also
supporting Troika, please contact us. We are seeking volunteers for
the following:
Postering, handbill distribution, and online advertising
Assisting bands with set-up and breakdown
Handling ticket sales at the various venues
Tracking time and keeping performances on schedule

Also, in gratitude for offering time and energy, troika volunteers,
can attend all Thursday and Saturday night shows for free. They will
also receive discounts on tickets for the Friday night show at The
Carolina.

If you are interested in getting involved this year or if you'd like
to hear more, please contact us at troikavolunteers AT gmail.com.
Cheers!

  • Troika 2008 Call for volunteers, troikavolunteers AT gmail.com, 10/20/2008