ch-scene - [ot] local ReCYCLEry celebrates 8 years: Sun Oct 26 2-6pm

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kirk Schmidt <kirklimon AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: WXYC <wxyc AT lists.ibiblio.org>, WXYC <wxyc-alumni AT lists.ibiblio.org>, ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ot] local ReCYCLEry celebrates 8 years: Sun Oct 26 2-6pm
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 00:14:09 -0400

http://www.recyclery.info/8years

I know many of you personally, and I know many of you are cycling
members of the community. We will have a couple of great dj's at
the event, including Ethan Clauset, and will be attempting to raise
funds for our community outreach. Free tater tots too!

Please join us and help promote cycling in the community:

The ReCYCLEry is celebrating its first 8th anniversary by hosting a fun-filled family-oriented gathering on October 26th that will include food, music, cruiser-style bike rides and more. Located at the Southern Rail Restaurant near Weaver Street Market, the event will run from 2-6 pm and will welcome hundreds of community members who have volunteered their time and skills, their support, or have benefited from the work of the ReCYCLEry over the past eight years. All are welcome to join! Suggested donation per person: $8.

Invite: Come one, come all! Bring your family, your friends and your coworkers! You can invite others through our facebook event here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=35791031859&ref=mf

Who: Community members, bike mechanics, bike-enthusiasts, children and their parents, elected officials, transportation gurus, public health leaders, teachers, and people who will pay the suggested donation just to join us for some free Southern Rail tater tots!

When: SAVE THE D8! Sunday, October 26th 2-6 pm (The ReCYCLEry will not be open to the public on this day)

Where: href="http://www.sr-nc.com/ Southern Rail 201-C East Main Street, Carrboro, North Carolina, 27510

What: Guided bike tours around Chapel Hill and Carrboro for all experience levels, light food, beer, music, information about an upcoming bike collection drive though Performance, Volunteer Appreciation awards, and much more.

Why: A suggested donation of $8 (only $1 per year of existence!) will help fund continuing programs such as our fall Mobile Repair Days where we pack a mini-shop onto bike trailers and ride to underserved communities distributing bikes and teaching basic maintenance. All donations are tax-deductible and donations of any amount will be greatly appreciated.

  • [ot] local ReCYCLEry celebrates 8 years: Sun Oct 26 2-6pm, Kirk Schmidt, 10/18/2008