ch-scene - Respect to FELA !!! - Garden and Gun Club - HOM - South City Recordings - 7 Samurai - Johnny Davis

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: RECYCLED SOUND <recycled_sound AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Respect to FELA !!! - Garden and Gun Club - HOM - South City Recordings - 7 Samurai - Johnny Davis
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:08:14 +0200

This email newsletter was sent to you in graphical HTML format.
If you're seeing this version, your email program prefers plain text emails.
You can read the original version online:
http://www.ymlp46.com/msg.php?id=acreaixppvj

Peace to the RECYCLED SOUND Family...
www.myspace.com/recycledsound ( http://www.myspace.com/recycledsound
)

"we are still blastin our guns, from down low in the trenches..."

This Wednesday, would have been the birthday of the late, great, FELA
KUTI... in celebration of his music, at every gig this weekend...
expect tributes for this true humanitarian, that delivered his beliefs
through music for Africa and Mankind...

I hope this email reaches everyone in good spirits. We have
definitely been laying low over the past few weeks - relaxed with the
family - found some new records - and a blast to the ocean occupied my
transition into the fall. There is a lot poppin over the next few
weeks - make plans to come chill with some "real" people and hear some
"real" music... respect - seen...

This Friday at The Garden and Gun Club

Da Riddim King launches off a NEW venture into culture...
A special set, 8pm until late night, on the patio...
full of reggae, soul, disco and classics

This Saturday at HOM / LIV
www.myhom.com ( http://www.myhom.com/ )
www.myspace.com/southcityrecordings (
http://www.myspace.com/southcityrecordings )

The return of Chris Nicholson and da Riddim King - Funk It 2

The new-new, Recycled Sound joint will be released on 45 instead off
the previous digital style (nice, yeah?) ... due to extended
production time needed, we pushed the "release party" back a bit...
This "7 inch of love" will feature a remix of Johnny Osbourne and
Bunny Brown's "Love makes the World go Round" and a scorcher reggae
remix of "Oh Child"... look out soon... respect to Chris's work on
some wicked tracks...

Chris Nicholson has been pretty busy with some more releases of his
own... so we will get down with dat groove this Saturday instead.

Spring Strut Recordings (Seattle, WA) - The Album "What it ain't"
from Danny Massure features remixes from Rephrase, Aldo Vanucci, Tal
M. Klien and the South City Allstars...

Vinyl drop on Anilitigal music (SF) - The "Plastic Starfish ep"
features remixes from Featurecast, Kinski, Ed Royal, and the South
City Allstars...

BOOTED vol. 2 on South City and it features tracks from Spark
Arrester, Magic Disco, Basement Freaks and South City Allstars.

7 SAMURAI is coming Nov 1st...

Yea.. I know, the day after Halloween... It would be a damn shame
to miss this cat drop records - keep some wit about ya on Halloween,
or bring your Friday night on thru Saturday night - ha! Seriously,
just check the resume of Mr Tom Wieland...

PLEASE SUPPORT DJ JOHNNIE DAVIS AT GARDEN AND GUN CLUB EVERY THURSDAY
NIGHT...

RECYCLED SOUND
Tell your peeps about it - Spread the word -

"...we will create something else, something to be shaped freely but
never consumed passively, something which can be discussed openly but
never understood by the agents of alienation, something with no
commercial potential yet valuable beyond price, something occult yet
woven completely into the fabric of our everyday lives"

RECYCLED SOUND is focused and dedicated to providing and receiving
information, thoughts and ideas.... within the realms of.... MUSIC ART
CULTURE and HISTORY "For the people, of the people, about the people."
REAL PEOPLE...