ch-scene - Puppets on the move...we need you!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovani AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Puppets on the move...we need you!
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:17:23 -0400

Greetings all who like puppets, Sound the trumpets!!

We are moving out of old studio and into a new one
and you can help make it a celebration!
This Sat. Oct. 18th show up at 1 and pick something
from the Paperhand archives to process down the street(about 150 yards) to
the Sawapahaw Community Center.
Parade at 2.
We need people with muscles especially this time to help carry big things like the
beast from "Garden of the Wild", the giant Elk, a huge Goddess,and many other
favorites from the past.
People who like to dance and move can where masks like John Henry, little
piggies, and an assortment of Capitalist swindlers and loveable forest
creatures that we've made over the years.
Cackalack Thunder will be playng funky-soul-samba- beats so we can shake and
groove down the streets past Octoberfest which will continue until 9 with
lots of fun stuff for all ages.

The following day, Sunday, (also the 26th) we will be doing a further clean
up effort at our old studio. If you want to help clean up. We'll be loading
dumpsters and other assorted tasks.
You can also help out by making a tax-deductible donation to...
The "Saxapahaw Community Chest" and send it to them:
PO BOX 128 SAXAPAHAW, NC 27340-0128.
Or, give it to us on the day of the parade. All gifts will go toward keeping
Paperhand alive and thriving in the new studio by paying the rent.

Finally, we are holding a big ole' Contra Dance on Oct. 25th
with lessons at 7:30 and dance starts at 8. Come shake and move while the
puppets cheerfully watch from the sides.

Please spread the word as we have lots to move and do.
Thanks to all for your continued love and support

  • Puppets on the move...we need you!, Paperhand Puppet, 10/14/2008