ch-scene - Troika Volunteers

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "troikavolunteers AT gmail.com" <troikavolunteers AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Troika Volunteers
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:48:32 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings local music enthusiasts!

As summer draws to a close, we are looking forward to the upcoming
Troika Music Festival. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with
Troika, it is an annual music festival held in the Triangle that
features predominantly local bands. The purpose of the event is to
offer an opportunity to experience a sample of all of the great music
in this area and to highlight our burgeoning music scene. This year,
we are looking forward to more than 50 bands performing throughout the
festival including The Rosebuds, Kimya Dawson, The Old Ceremony, and
Bellafea to name a few. Also, we have expanded the number of shows;
therefore, we've enlisted some new venues (e.g. the Carolina
Theatre!). For more information, check out troikamusicfestival.org.

As the festival is quickly approaching (November 6th-8th), we are
currently seeking volunteers. We are in search of individuals for
the following:

Postering, handbill distribution, and online advertising
Assisting bands with set-up and breakdown
Handling ticket sales at the various venues
Tracking time and keeping performances on schedule

If you are interested in getting involved this year or if you'd like
to hear more, please contact us at volunteer AT troikamusicfestival.org.

Cheers!

  • Troika Volunteers, troikavolunteers AT gmail.com, 09/25/2008