ch-scene - Polvo last night

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Polvo last night
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:32:58 -0400

Umm, I'm not sure why some of you folks who came out in May didn't come out last night, but here's just one example of what you missed:

City Spirit -> Mexican Radio -> bombsthatfallfromyoureyes

Overall, though they played a shorter set, they were even better than they were in May -- tight, totally in control, utterly massive. If they *do* go back on to something resembling active status, as far as I'm concerned, they're gonna be on my must-see list every time they play.

Ross