ch-scene - A Couple of Things To Do This Weekend (August 15/16th)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: mdhall005 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: A Couple of Things To Do This Weekend (August 15/16th)
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:42:05 -0700 (PDT)

Grady may still have plans to list these two events, but I thought I
would throw them out there just in case:

FRIDAY - AUGUST 15th
ROBERT POLLARD ART EXHIBITION
Merge Records Corporate Headquarters - 409 E Chapel Hill St, Durham NC
6pm

I'm assuming this is part of Durham's Third Friday Art Walk
(officially, or unofficially), and I strongly recommend both.
I went by earlier today to check out Pollard's collages and artwork
and it was pretty impressive stuff. The man himself will be there to
play host and perhaps revel you with tales of rock n roll debauchery
(who knows?).
Unfortunately I have to work and will miss the official event.

SATURDAY - AUGUST 16th
PIEDMONT BIO-FUELS/GIRLS ROCK NC BENEFIT
Piedmont Bio-Fuels - PIttsboro, NC (directions:
http://biofuels.coop/industrial-directions/)

Doors/Gates Open at 4:30pm; bands start at 5:00pm (unfortunately I am
not priviy to the exact order of the bands).
$5 suggested donation.

Featuring performances by: ROXCETERA, ABOVE GRAVITY, VELVET, MIDTOWN
DICKENS.

Also performing will be three bands that emerged from the Womens Rock
Retreat (Girls Rock Camp for Grownups) earlier this month:
Side Effects; Rhythm Sects; and Cleavage & The Booby Traps.

Should be fun for the whole family. Feel free to bring your own
picnic, blanket, lawn chairs and drinks.

-5er

  • A Couple of Things To Do This Weekend (August 15/16th), mdhall005, 08/16/2008