ch-scene - An evening of improvisational music

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: xopher <rasmusis AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: An evening of improvisational music
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:02:24 -0700 (PDT)

An evening of improvisational music with
Mietek Glinkowski - Vitar
Shannon Morrow - drums, percussion
xopher Thurston - double bass

8-10 pm
Royal Bean Coffee Shop
Raleigh, NC
3801 Hillsborough St.,
Raleigh 834-BEAN (2326)
Hillsborough Street coffeehouse is across from Meredith College.

This will be an interesting and enjoyable show. I met Mietek when I
sponsored a music & meditation session at the Bickett Gallery a while
back. Shannon taught a groundbreaking deep listening / sonic
meditation class that I participated in this spring at the Music
Explorium. Knowing the people involved in this evening, I should
expect that the music will be intense, deep and lovely. This in the
moment improvisation will exist and then the vibrations will float off
into space, absorb into the earth. I hope that you can experience it
as it is realized on terra-firma.

peace
xopher