ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of July 20, 2008

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of July 20, 2008
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:39:08 -0400

In the words of my man Prince, I stand corrected! On both counts.

xo

Ross

skillet.gilmore AT gmail.com wrote:
On Jul 21, 10:59=A0am, ryan d <rydun... AT gmail.com> wrote:
Now I'm sitting here wracking my brains, trying to think of even *one*
band who moved away together, and maybe it's just my nature (out of
sight, out of mind . . .) but I can't think of any.

Nine Minute Snooze left Raleigh for Portland.

Fan-Tan come pretty close, though. They weren't a band when they lived
here, but all four of 'em (Kuki Kooks, Sandee Kooks, Ryan Dunlap, Mike
Walters) are from Chapel Hill, played in tons of bands (Jett Rink,
Fashion Design, North Elementary), and moved to NY at about the same
time. First thing to do in any new city: find yr fellow ex-pats & form =
band?
..um... not to nitpick, but Fan-Tan was very much a band while in
Chapel Hill. We played a bunch of shows and then did indeed move away
to NYC together =A0(cept Mike Walters, he just happened to come around
the same time).

Thanks for the mention though!