ch-scene - Re: auto salvage

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: philip.ayers AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: auto salvage
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 15:43:27 -0700 (PDT)

..I live in jersey and we never have transmission problems up here. I
mean I never heard of that not once in jersey! Not even in a Bruce
Springsteen song..."my transmission broke down on the nj turnpike"
NO..never heard that.....nor in Brooklyn where I work either.Can't
speak for the rest of NY. BUT when I lived in NC as a teenager,
everyone had transmission problems!! I wonder if I moved back would I
too start to have transmission problems once again? that song by joy
division comes to mind. I never read here where ross..or #3, kevin had
transmission problems either...unless smither's is # 3?? Is there a
deeper meaning here??
I used to have a friend back in NC who's half brother "Junior" had an
automatic transmission repair shop. ..used to hang out there and study
the insides of these broken mechanical monsters, hopelessly broke
sometimes or half repaired. Once, I remember junior had taken apart a
transmission and couldn't get it back together again. That left me a
rather forlorn feeling as I recall. oh well just a thought.