ch-scene - 3 endtimes shows this week for night birthdays, hot topics, bad luck

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ryan Martin" <rymars AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: 3 endtimes shows this week for night birthdays, hot topics, bad luck
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 13:45:02 -0400

For those interested, three shows I'm very excited about in the next week : :

SUNDAY 6.8.08 @ Bull City HQ in Durham ::::::

STRESS APE < < new crushing Chi town noise rock w/ Terry Plumming recs rep
Rotten Milk somewhere in the mix. It's his birthday tonight
too, the space is substance free, what will happen?
AL BURIAN < < was in the band MILEMARKER, does some performative stuff
now as Ill Eagle - the IE show I saw was like a classic rock
moment distended, crowd reaction was: shaking,
laughing, with some folks (fans of his old band?) really bummed out, I loved
it
SECRET BOYFRIEND < < is me, (I guess the scrt's out of the bag) -
somesorta mall punk w/ some noise
Y2K BUNKER < < brand new Durham improv collective / doomer cult, some
members of that great marching band The Scene of the Crime Rovers,
first show ever!

starts at 8pm / /

+++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++

WEDS 6.11.08 @ NIGHTLIGHT : : : : boy bands + sentimental electronics

BOYZONE < < last show before our Etruscan Italian Tour, all boy band,
returning to our NKOTB roots, shirtless, emo noise w/ lights,
suspension, sneakers / / we will have copies of our RRRecords
Recycled cassette (4$ or barter)
DOMMM < < moody electronic pop intensity from SF
SHIMOMITSU < < < also from CA, too-sweet pretty electronics, nostalgic
even, pull yor heartstrings out www.myspace.com/shimomitsu
CHAOS CHARACTER < < < first ever noise band sponsored by that store in
the mall, Hot Topic, I'm not kidding, holy shit! We're approaching the
end of time

9:30PM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++

FRIDAY the 13th: The Final Chapter @ NIGHTLIGHT :::::::::::: come if you dare

BODY TAP < < Jeff Rehnlund + A Stroud's messed-up dance synth band /
myspace.com/bodytapmusic
CLANG QUARTET < < you know + love him. Last week he crucified himself
on a clothesline at a show in a Durham backyard / myspace.com/clangquartet
RYAN MARTIN + SCOTTY IRVING < < me + Scotty from Clang do another
collabo, rare intensity, hard crowd pleaser
YELLOW CRYSTAL STAR + DICKHEARSE < < straight from the Pocket Sandwich
house show space
in Portland, pretty ambient gtr and performative energetic psyche-out
rock music

Starts 10ish PM ! $5

Hey Thanks!
Ryan

  • 3 endtimes shows this week for night birthdays, hot topics, bad luck, Ryan Martin, 06/07/2008