ch-scene - Calling all DJ's

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <glennscottboothe AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Calling all DJ's
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 15:22:39 -0800 (PST)

As much as I dig picking the music between bands, Local 506 now has a
DJ booth and DJ equipment - and I'd like to start adding DJ's to all
of our Friday/Saturday shows. We've been doing this in the past, to
much success in my opinion, but unlike bands, I've had to approach
people to DJ...and would basically like to increase that pool so we
can cover more of our shows.

No experience required, all you really need is good music taste and
some CDs and/or an iPod (we can accommodate turntables, but don't own
them.) The equipment is easy to learn. And it should go without
saying, but I better just in case - I would want the music to appeal
to the audience for the bands that are playing.

I'm looking for people to DJ from doors open to doors close - so this
could also be handled by more than one person too. I can't
necessarily pay much, but cheap drinks and free tix trump the college
stations I guess.

Email me at this address if interested...glenn/ local 506

ps: if your band is playing and you would like to DJ (as John Booker
has done the recent I Was Totally Destroying It shows) - that's also
welcome!

  • Calling all DJ's, Glenn Boothe / Local 506, 03/05/2008