ch-scene - OT: looking for Mac OS 10.4

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Lisa Drake <ldrake AT pobox.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: OT: looking for Mac OS 10.4
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 08:27:43 -0500

Need to upgrade to Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger) so I can run newer software (like
Turbo Tax--need to get taxes done, argh!) Needs to work with an older
iMac G4 800 mhz machine. Can't find a copy anywhere (other than ebay
where the price seems to be insane)! The people at the Apple Store
didn't have any suggestions, either.

I'm in Chapel Hill but will travel to pick up almost anywhere reasonable.

I also have an opened-but-not-installed copy of 10.5 (Leopard) I'm
willing to sell. Apple Store can't/won't take it back since I took the
shrink wrap off.

Any suggestions as to where to find this OS (easily) are welcomed. (No
illegal download sites, please.)