ch-scene - Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: rchrdlln AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:33:42 -0800 (PST)

I'm wondering if it is a coincidence that Schoolkids staff say that
foot traffic disappeared in the past 16 months, and it appears that
UNC began offering Ruckus to students 15 months ago. Were the
Schoolkids people taking a shot at Ruckus with that line, or is it the
literal truth?

http://gazette.unc.edu/archives/06nov15/file.1.html

I wish someone (Indy? DTH?) would look into this and maybe interview
some students to see if this might be the case.

There are other reasons that must have contributed to Schoolkids'
decline. For example, I received a $50 gift certificate to Schoolkids
for my birthday, 11 months ago. I've never used it. It makes me feel a
little sad to admit that. The reasons are ones that wouldn't surprise
anyone:

a) I get most of my new music from iTunes, Amazon, or blogs (ie I
never pay $15 an album anymore).
b) I never go to East Franklin St. anymore (yet you can find me on W.
Franklin in the CD Alley vicinity relatively frequently).

RA