ch-scene - Re: N&O Great 8 Show - Saturday

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: N&O Great 8 Show - Saturday
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:12:33 -0800 (PST)

Snarkiness aside, the show on Saturday was near-capacity but more
interesting, Local 506 had 78 new members on this night which means
over one-third of the people who came to this show had never come to
Local 506 before (despite the fact that each act had played here in
the past, as recent as several weeks ago for IWTDI.) A normal all-
local show does 7 or 8 memberships, not 78!

A win/win/win for all involved - the profile of the Great 8 was
raised, the club sold a lot of booze and the bands were exposed to
some new fans (in addition to making the most money they've ever made
playing my club!)

In my opinion, this show accomplished exactly what I was hoping - and
in honesty, what I think this so-called scene needs more of - the
papers and the clubs working together, as opposed to not.

Eh, Whatever.

Glenn / Local 506